I know, this recipe is so much like yesterday’s it’s amazing. But this tie we’ll be getting twice the sustainable fish, and healthy omega three oils in one tasty main dish. So, without much ado…
Here’s what you’ll need:
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ⅓ heaping cup golden raisins, plumped in hot water to cover for 10 minutes and drained
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- 6 anchovy fillets, rinsed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 butterflied fresh sardines
Heat oven to 350º. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add ¾ cup breadcrumbs and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant and lightly toasted, about 3 minutes; remove from heat. Stir in raisins, pine nuts, anchovy and parsley; season with salt and pepper to taste.
Lay 6 sardines on prepared pan, flesh-side up; spoon breadcrumb mixture over the top. Lay remaining 6 sardines, flesh-side down, over breadcrumb mixture; sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup breadcrumbs and lightly drizzle with oil. Bake until sardines are cooked through and hot, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Enjoy this whis a Blue Point Toasted Lager!