King Kullen has Louis Kemp imitation crab meat 8oz. package on sale for about a buck fifty. That’s a nice sale. Now, I know its imitation but Louis Kemp does a really good job of making Alaskan Pollock taste just like Snow Crab… maybe its because Snow Crab is one of the ingredients. I don’t mind using this when fresh crab meat is unavailable, or when it’s this freakin low in price. A sale is a sale… lets make some salad!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 8oz. Louis Kemp imitation crab, chopped and shredded
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped sweet onion, Vidalia if available
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped dill pickle
- 1 Tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon chopped chives
Toss imitation crab, sweet onion, celery, dill pickle, sweet pickle relish, dill weed, salt, pepper, mayonnaise, mustard, and chives until combined. Now, this salad can also be served in endive leaf just like the summer shrimp salad. I find that these endive leaf servers are very eco-friendly.