The past two days have had pleasant enough weather for trips out to Long Island’s north fork. The north fork is home to several of Long Island’s best vineyards. One of my favorites is the Osprey Dominion Vineyard out on route 25a. Osprey is one of the last vineyards on the fork so it isn’t often crowed as the vineyards on the west part of the fork. I often prefer to avoid loud crowds of out-of-town yahoos. So, why not avoid loud crowds of people you don’t know by hosting a crowd of people whose company you do enjoy. I have a good sangria recipe to help coax them out.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 bottles Osprey Dominion Regina Maris Chardonnay
- 3 peaches, pitted and cut into 8 wedges
- 2 oranges, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rings
- 2 lemons, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rings
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and halved lengthwise
- 1 liter sparkling water
Place all fruit in a large pitcher or bowl, add wine, and allow to sit at room temperature 4 to 24 hours. When ready to serve, add sparkling water and ice. Serve in a bowl with a ladle (make sure there’s fruit in every serving).