I’m still using those limes I picked up at the great Western Beef sale. Today, I share another one of my salsa recipes. This one uses a little lime juice with tomatoes, onions, poblanos, and cilantro. The trick to cutting down on the bite of the onion is to wash the diced onion before adding it to the mixture.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 small white onion finely chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper
Put chopped onion and garlic in a strainer; pour 2 cups boiling water over them then let drain throughly. Discard water and let it cool.
Combine onions and garlic with chopped tomatoes, peppers, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours to blend flavors. This makes about 2 cups of salsa.