I know its January, and the winter is well set in. So why does H-Mart have a big sale on mangos and papayas? It is a mystery to me, but an inspiration also… blue fish with a Caribbean mango salsa. It’s an explosion of flavors that will convince you that winter is actually far far away.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Mango Salsa –
- 1 papaya, peeled and diced
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons captain morgan’s dark spiced rum
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- salt, to taste
Combine all these ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Let it sit in the fridge for an hour or so it let the flavors meld together.
Now, grab a pair of bluefish fillets and place them in a baking dish. Spread the salsa on the fillets and bake in a 350 degree oven for about half an hour.