The time for outdoor picnicking is coming into full swing now and I’ve been going over some recipes for various salads and spreads. I came across a recipe from Ina Garten for making a smoked salmon spread. I think that her addition of dill and horseradish add a nice twist to the straight forward lox and cream cheese.
- 1/4 pound (4 ounces) smoked salmon, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Cream the cheese in an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until just smooth. Add the sour cream, lemon juice, dill, horseradish, salt, and pepper, and mix. Add the smoked salmon and mix well. Chill and serve crackers, or toasted pita strips.
This spread goes nicely with the crab salad stuffed tomatoes I posted earlier.
So get out there and picnic already!