Its that time of year… winter is a great time to cook warm hearty soups. This one is quick and easy. Also Cherry Valley Market has been having Italian loaves on sale for $1.29 for a pair on Fridays.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 lb sea bass filets, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup of fresh chopped tomato (about 1 medium sized tomato)
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 8 oz of clam juice
- 1/2 cup Duck Walk white wine
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- Touch of dry oregano, Tabasco, thyme, pepper
Heat olive oil in heavy large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and garlic and sauté 4 minutes. Add parsley and stir 2 minutes. Add tomato and tomato paste, and gently cook for 10 minutes or so.
Add clam juice, dry white wine, and fish and simmer until fish is cooked through, less than 10 minutes. Add seasoning. Salt to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve with toasted Italian bread.